I had nothing against my old grandmothers pillows but I din’t see the point of having a bunch of them laying hidden away to never be used again. So I decided to make use of the pillows and the zippers and make new cases. The theme there was: SIMPLE. I was only home for a short while and wanted to do something quick one afternoon.
I used a old bed sheet, I think it was the cheapest one from IKEA. I cut to size it and before I started sewing I painted it with some fabric paint I had laying around from when I used to paint dishcloths as a child. For the green ones I mixed green with a tiny bit black, painted the bottom first and then diluting the paint with water more and more as I painted higher. To make the long pillow I cut two pillows open and sewed them together as one.
For the pattern on the white and black pillow I was actually just messing around, thought I meddles it up so I covered a big newspaper with paint and used it as a “stamp”. So I just put the newspaper paint side down on the fabric and quickly removed it. Since the fabric was a bit wet at some areas it got this grey not so good looking colour that I tried to hide with some gold colour.